- Added first challenge to prepare
- We have a CTFTime team, secse. Please join this.
- We communicate over Slack. To get an invitation to the group you can contact Benoit Esnard, HamZa, Xavier59, Arminius or any other active team member. (We will need to know an email address to send the invitation to and a reference to your Security.SE profile.)
CTF Time is a website dedicated to CTF challenges. We will subscribe a team and we will...
There are basically 4 types of challenges:
And then there are also the occasional misc challenges. So basically we will have people working on each of the categories. Preferably a more experienced person in the field with less experienced people in the field so we can factor in some learning. To be good we should have about 4 people/challenge. A team of 16 people would be ideal. We can rotate the team
- Have at least 400 rep on security.SE or have more than a combined 2000 rep on your network profile in related fields (Crypto, Stack Overflow, Webmasters, Server Fault, Reverse Engineering ...). Sites in an unrelated field (Arqade, The Workplace, etc.) do not count!
- Understanding of basic TCP/IP
- Understanding of at least 1 programming (Java, C, C++, C#) and 1 scripting language (preferably, PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby)
- Have basic understanding of at least one of the topics (knowing what things like XSS or SQL injection are)
Things we need
(I should be able to provide this on my personal systems, but should SE have something like this it would be nice)
- IRC server with a private channel or a private chatroom on SE
- A Wiki to centralize all of our learnings.
How much time will this take of me?
You have to know most CTF's last 2 days, to be able to complete a challenge you will need to be able to commit around 4 - 6 hours at least.
This is a team effort, don't expect this thing to be easy, it isn't. It will take a lot of time and might even give you some frustration, but when you are able to decipher a challenge you will be having a digital orgasm.
Code of Conduct
- Common sense
- Don't do or share anything illegal
- Always follow the CTF challenges rules