I propose that otp should be replaced with one-time-passwords and one-time-pads. The reason for this is that there are two common interpretations of the acronym OTP in security, one time passwords and one time pads.
I agree. Are all the q's in that tag currently referring to pads or passwords?– AviD ModJun 10, 2013 at 13:00
@AviD With the exception of: security.stackexchange.com/questions/36757/… it appears that all the questions are referring to passwords.– user10211Jun 10, 2013 at 13:02
1Status: Completed.– AviD ModJun 10, 2013 at 15:05
- Why is using a pseudo-random key considered more practical than a one-time pad?
- Mobile OTP - Secure?
- Please explain Time-step in Time-Based One-Time Password Algorithm
- What's the use of adding a challenge to a one time password algorithm?
- How to detect suspicious tokens collected by a hacker
- Why would it be a good idea for someone to get a YubiKey?
- Replacement for One Time Passwords (OTP)
- SMS Authentication: random OTP or a cryptographic one
- How to store OTP seed securely at the validating server
- What are the main weaknesses of mobile software based OTP generators?
- Is Dual Factor possible during boot with whole disk encryption on Mac FileVault 2
- Can I use hardware token OTP to stop piracy?
- Security evaluation of Vasco's Digipass Mobile SDK for OTP?
- What is the risk and mitigation of accidentally typing a YubiKey password in an open forum?
- What is more secure for voice and SMS OTP: A random number or generated similar to HOTP?
- HOTP with as HMAC hashing algoritme a hash from the SHA-2 family
- Client code tampering detection
- What manufacturers create OATH HOTP cards now that InCard Technologies is no longer in business?
Conclusion: 90% of the use of otp is about one-time passwords, so create the tags one-time-pad and one-time-password and make otp a synonym of one-time-password.
I've retagged the two pad questions. Let a mod please create and merge the synonym otp → one-time-password.
1+1 Creating a synonym would be the right thing. Replacing/removing will not solve the problem because somebody will create it again Jun 10, 2013 at 13:27