I have a rough outline of a question that I don't know how to articulate and keep it on topic.
Basically I'm very interested in how various chart formats can help visualize data that is useful to IT Security Operations. As I come up with this question I realised many sub questions:
- What types of data should be graphed?
- What graph formats would be used? Area, Bar, pie, or line chart?
- When would advanced graphs be of use: Radar charts, polar charts, or even a re-purposing of a "financial" chart
Is it necessary that I reign in my focus beyond "Charts valuable to IT Security Operations", since that is a pretty broad area?
Some IT Security charts could be:
- Login failures by source IP, and username
- Inbound TCP connection count / average duration (detect DDOS)
What other constructive criticism is welcome.