Before we delve into the bear's amazing here are some facts about his account(s):
- The bears are the only users to ever get the Legendary badge on Sec.SE
- The bears together have more reputation than the following six Sec.SE users (i.e. D.W., Polynomial, tylerl, RoryAlsop, LucasKauffman and AviD).
- The big bear is the user with the most Gold Badges on Sec.SE
- The bears have given nearly 3,700 answers to Sec.SE
- The bears have 777 "nice answer", 160 "good answer" and 27 "great answer" badges
The list of all new answers since he got to 100,000 reputation is too long to fit a single post here, so I'll pick some of the more important ones:
- The big bear gave the answer to the question why Google still uses SHA-1 but everybody else has to phase it out.
- The big bear enlightened us what Logjam is and what do about it.
- He enlightened the casual internet user that the NSA already is a CA and that it's actually not so fancy to be one as a spy agency.
- It was the big bear to explain the POODLE to the average Sec.SE user, although the answer lacks a picture of a bear eating a poodle.
- Our ursine overlord was it to detail what to do in case quantum computers can break standard crypto - besides panic.