Update as of May 26th:
We need more users and more questions. But there's no lack of competence, after all, 99% of all questions have a answer and we have a answer ratio of 3.0. But we only have 5.4 questions per day when we need 15 and we have 750/day visitors when we need 1500/day.
So my idea is that we set up some type of competition (IT Security related) awarding rep or something similar. Maybe have a weekly question that we have a high award on this question can be everything from what is wrong in this security model to a old unanswered question to.
Please post your suggestions!
Today we have 100% closed questions; it's sad :(
Stats of how the site is doing can be found @ Area51. You can also find stats of all sites at StackExchange - All Sites.
Suggestions to improve quality:
- Keep on creating great content!
- Help new user review. And be nice to them so they stay! (learn from AviD's comments, its never too late to be a little nice!)
- Vote! Why? Read the blog
- Chat! It's always fun to talk to like minded people The DMZ is open for everyone and if you have 20 rep you can also write in it!
- Recruit the pro's! (Read about how on the blog)
- Share this site! use the social bookmarks!!!
- Contests. What type of contests you'd like to see? suggestions:
- Sponsor user to conferences. Read more
- Give away licence for software for getting x questions, or y links viewed. suggested licences:
- Burp Suite
- Try to get a reciprocal deal with some book vendors, in which highly-rated users get to pick books which they are willing to review at some suitable site (presumably not here).
- Enabling original research.
- assuming delivery can be done quickly, a "hot" product (i.e. one in the news, having an incident) gets sent to someone who is willing to do the research on it, and come up with the definitive information. ie. send an iphone / PS to someone who will do the detailed research and find out the actual situation, instead of relying on FUD. Still limited to specific niches, but could work.