Right - we have enough interested folks, so next steps...
First - Logistics: @Rebecca - I have been following the blog chatroom and I think we can make this work, but there are a couple of questions
- How to we kick off? @Rebecca - when do we go live?
- Timelines? - had we agreed that a post at least once a fortnight was good (but that the exact timing wasn't critical as many will just follow the RSS feed)
- How do we gain access? (CMS, user authentication etc)
- What review/editorial structure is there? (through SE team, or through volunteers at our end?)
- If it is managed by us, @IvoFlipse had a good idea of holding a shared google doc with a list of topics and names so people could write articles and have them ready for publishing as needed.
Update: we also need to do this:
Define the scope and purpose of the blog. Is the blog about the site? Is it about the site’s topic? Is it about the industry around the topic? Keep in mind the audience of your community and their interests. Another generic blog about may not be all that interesting.
So also also add some responses on that topic. Where is the demand? What can we add?
Next - topics:
Having a look at the highest ranked questions gives us Passwords as the most popular topic, so how about a bi-monthly password article?
Also ranked highly are
- Hardening/Secure build
- Corporate/People aspects
- New Security (IPv6, Cloud etc)
- Cryptography (Comms, Authentication, Data Storage etc)
Third - Volunteers:
I tend to do a lot of work in the corporate aspects of security (people, business risk etc) so will prepare a blog post on something in this space by 1st July (@Rebecca, can we be ready to go live with a blog soon after that?)
Can everyone who is interested add an answer here with:
- a topic they can write a blog post on (or topics :-)
- size of post (is it one short one, a long one or a possible series?)