Could any of these be asked on-topic & answerable? I would really like to know more about yet another vulnerability management challenge currently getting buried in the ever growing pile of issues not quite important enough on their own to switch providers over because we got more important things to worry about (until someone publishes a more universally threatening use case).
- What is AWS referring to when they say they "deployed additional protections"?
- Is renting out sibling threads to different VPS customers allowing them to read each others memory?
- Are cloud hosters actually sacrificing SMT performance gains (disabling HT)?
- Are current side-channel-aware schedulers used in production?
- How do I test if my rented (Intel-based) virtual machine could leak data via MDS?
- Which providers offer side-channel-aware virtual machine hosting? (How do I tell?)
- How do I determine if my hosting provider will be able to live-migrate my virtual machine or if he needs maintenance downtime to apply security patches?
I guess all of these would be closed on both Security.SE and Serverfault, telling me to just ask the respective companies. Been there, done that. Customer support responses so far have been unhelpful enough to make me suspect some companies want to avoid unsettling PR like Googles open admittance "multi-tenant workloads [..] may be vulnerable". I hope to confirm or refute that suspicion, but that would be a quickly outdated answer, too.
I already have a security/cpu related question that failed to attract much interest, and this too likely goes close to the bad/unanswerable/off-topic territory. Maybe I will let this sit on Meta and hope we can together figure out the Question that provides some value.. thank you.