I have been writing code since I was 12 - I started with BASIC on a Commodore VIC-20. First computer I owned was a Sinclair ZX-81 on which I progressed to programming Z80 assembler by the time I was 13. I consider programming to be a lifetime learning experience.
My programming hobby activities are mostly in Java, but I enjoy dabbling with a variety of procedural, OOP and functional languages and the many hybrids thereof.
Of a personal nature, I am a committed Christian; I guess one would best describe me as "Evangelical", though it's tough to find a moniker that works well. I enjoy philosophical and scientific discussions and I am firmly convinced that real, practical Christianity engages the whole person, heart, mind and spirit. Christianity is a faith that involves reason and intellect, an aspect which has been neglected in the 20th century church: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-3).
Member for 7 years
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 10 '12 at 22:14
- Stack Overflow 48.2k 48.2k 2323 gold badges125125 silver badges178178 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Super User 1.4k 1.4k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 261 261 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 219 219 11 gold badge22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 640 Stretch and scale CSS background
- 384 What is the difference between a static and a non-static initialization code block
- 356 Difference between volatile and synchronized in Java
- 245 "Full screen" <iframe>
- 152 What is a Windows Handle?
- 125 Does the Go language have function/method overloading?
- 82 What is Map/Reduce?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Aug 10 '12