I've been writing code since I was six years old. I spent nearly twenty years in the tech industry, including nine years working on software for environmental science, as well as more than five years working at Google, where I worked on the Google My Maps team and later on the Google Apps Framework team.
In 2017, I left Silicon Valley to focus on personal and spiritual interests, and today I am a full-time religious minister of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Besides being fluent in English and American Sign Language, I know too many programming languages to count. Some of my favorites include Java, Python, and C#, although I'm also known to nerd out about functional languages and complex type systems.
In my spare time, I play guitar and read voraciously.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
1 profile view
Last seen Dec 13 '18 at 18:37
- Stack Overflow 54.3k 54.3k 1212 gold badges8888 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Information Security 875 875 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 301 301 11 gold badge33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 209 209 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 2423 How can I create a memory leak in Java?
- 607 Why does comparing strings using either '==' or 'is' sometimes produce a different result?
- 527 Why does one use dependency injection?
- 298 Should the solution be as generic as possible or as specific as possible?
- 124 Create instance of generic type in Java?
- 112 Java Equivalent to Python Dictionaries
- 107 Java says the year 0 is a leap year but year 0 never existed
- View more network posts →