Mark Murphy, founder of CommonsWare, writes a lot.
He wrote books! Lots of books!
His most recent books have been focused on second-generation Android app development (Kotlin and the Android Jetpack):
Elements of Android Jetpack, a new introductory book on Android app development, focused on second-generation techniques (Kotlin and the AndroidX/Jetpack libraries). Version 0.5 is available, with 728 pages of second-generation app development material.
Exploring Android, a series of step-by-step tutorials for building an Android app from scratch. This book is being rewritten to demonstrate using Kotlin and the Jetpack libraries. Version 0.7 is available, with 36 tutorials spanning 542 pages.
Elements of Kotlin, a guide to the Kotlin programming language, which is rapidly gaining in popularity for Android app development. Version 0.2 is available, comprising 342 pages.
Elements of Kotlin Coroutines, exploring Kotlin's new first-class reactive programming system. Version 0.1 is available, comprising 170 pages.
In the beginning, Android development was focused on Java and, partially, on the Android Support Library. Mark's earliest books share that focus:
The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development, the first and largest book on Android app programming. It covers much of the Android SDK, through its 213 chapters spanning 4,292 pages.
Android's Architecture Components, a book focused on Google's Architecture Components set of libraries.
GraphQL and Android, focused on the GraphQL Web service dialect.
Things Other Than Books
He offers seminars and training on Android app development topics, from "starting from scratch" introductory material to advanced areas.
Heck, he even has a blog.
All code in Stack Overflow questions, answers, or comments written by Mark Murphy are hereby licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0, unless otherwise noted where that code appears on Stack Overflow.
- Stack Overflow 810.9k 810.9k 145145 gold badges19611961 silver badges20042004 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 483 483 11 gold badge44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 465 465 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Information Security 458 458 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 323 323 22 gold badges66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1594 Where do I place the 'assets' folder in Android Studio?
- 1264 Is quitting an application frowned upon?
- 679 How do I detect if I am in release or debug mode?
- 536 Android Studio Google JAR file causing GC overhead limit exceeded error
- 474 How to stop an animation (cancel() does not work)
- 431 I can’t find the Android keytool
- 391 When to call activity context OR application context?
- View more network posts →