I have an extensive background in UNIX and security as a research lead in threat intelligence , specializing in fighting spam and other online threats. I run free/open source software , preferring copyleft licenses and participating in several free software projects.
Anything I post anywhere online, except on property of my employer or when explicitly noted, represents only myself.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 This signature links my PGP key to https://stackexchange.com/users/674651/adam-katz My key & other links: https://keybase.io/khopesh -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iEYEARECAAYFAlUXm2oACgkQjroVuvStkpL62wCg0pf/oMvm 1+coA6EFInuehkBuTRcAn2mtY5hnKQpHOfqwRP6LvjH3XtOp =ESe3 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Stack Overflow 11.2k 11.2k 22 gold badges5252 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Information Security 7.1k 7.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 3.1k 3.1k 1818 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 835 835 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Server Fault 765 765 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 194 What are ssh-keygen best practices?
- 86 Using getopts to process long and short command line options
- 83 New Hires get phishing emails very quickly - Reasoning and how to stop
- 65 Password rules: Should I disallow "leetspeak" dictionary passwords like XKCD's Tr0ub4dor&3
- 51 What's the difference between id_rsa.pub and id_dsa.pub?
- 45 How to suspend and bring a background process to foreground
- 44 CSS: bolding some text without changing its container's size
- View more network posts →