Studied cyber security (theory of cryptographic protocols) and machine learning in grad school.
I love to take real-world problems and model them with formal structures and computer programs.
I'm practiced with picking up new languages quickly for one-off projects.
Hobbies: problem solving, critical reasoning, rhetoric, math (esp. graph theory!), economics, cognitive science, political science, and planting trees.
Interested in machine learning, especially fields with practical applications that can make a difference in the world such as economics, knowledge sharing, healthcare, bioinformatics, and ecoinformatics.
Member for 5 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 12 '15 at 14:45
- Stack Overflow 7.3k 7.3k 44 gold badges2929 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Code Review 634 634 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 281 281 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Information Security 203 203 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 163 163 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 121 Finding all possible permutations of a given string in python
- 51 Keep persistent variables in memory between runs of Python script
- 36 Inserting robot moves into an SQLite3 database
- 32 How to replace values at specific indexes of a python list?
- 32 How to iterate through a list of lists in python?
- 28 What's the most Pythonic way to identify consecutive duplicates in a list?
- 15 Dict merge in a dict comprehension
- View more network posts →