Hi, I'm Bruce K. Marshall. I've been conducting and gathering research on passwords and authentication systems since the late 90's. I started the PasswordResearch.com site as a way to share my collection of information and to encourage more collaboration between academics and IT practitioners.
I'm here to continue learning about the questions and problems people have with authentication as well as contributing my own experiences. You can also find me on Twitter @PwdRsch.
Top network posts
- 355 Is there any reason to not show users incorrectly entered passwords after a successful login?
- 62 Generic error message for wrong password or username - is this really helpful?
- 58 What maximum password length to choose when using bcrypt?
- 55 Why would a password requirement prohibit a number in the last character?
- 36 Correct terminology when describing password security to layman
- 34 How to prevent username and password matches when changing a username?
- 30 What is the point in having arbitrary username requirements?
- View more network posts →