Contributing to Parenting Stack Exchange is exhausting.
Floods of questioning comments when you ask a question
Ask a question. People either ignore the question, or they flood it with comments trying to tie it down to a very narrow specific question, which they then either move to a different site, or close as off-topic, or ignore because now they can't answer it. Just answer the question, welcome the user, and let them know they can ask for clarifications in comments.
It's a tiny site. There are a handful of mods. StackExchange has a vigorous moderation policy (this is a feature, not a bug). But even so the moderation is bafflingly inconsistent. Obvious trolls go unchallenged; people trying to make good faith attempts to contribute get moderate away.
I'm not going to keep contributing here.
Member for 4 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 2 '15 at 22:30
- Super User 299 299 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 214 214 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Arqade 123 123 11 gold badge11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Ask Different 113 113 11 gold badge11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Information Security 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile